Monday, April 20, 2009

African Americans And Fifths Disease

The legacy of paper

Open your blog! It will be your textbook. So he made his debut Friday April 17 prof. Alfonso during the first lesson in applied computer science to journalism. He asked us to create a sort of metablog, which is a blog where you talk about what it means to make information on-line, the meaning and importance of having a blog in the twenty-first century, short reflections, ideas, experiences and practical issues on all matters relating to journalism and new technologies. The experience is fascinating, though now in front of my new blog, I feel a bit 'crowded out as the universe on which they are asked to write.
Maybe I should start right from the level at which I am going to experiment (as at the end of the course is easy to see the developments): I read on the Internet only the Italian and foreign sites also exist in hard copy or who have 'a name' and then their trust, like the Huffington Post. For the rest, my level of skepticism is very high and sometimes I avoid venturing to the net for fear of losing my time with or difficult to verify information from sources that do not know how to classify. But I believe that it is not the only one to experience this feeling and carry the legacy of decades of experience on paper and I'd know how the people who left from this injury are unable to overcome it. Of course, this course is a good incentive and I hope to finish it with much more confidence and mastery of the Web than it has today.
Maybe next time I visit my friends in New York can I find any information in five seconds, just as they do surfing the web as if they were walking the familiar streets of their city.

0 comments:

Post a Comment